Welcome everybody!

FAQ, comments and suggestions
adrianstephens

Re: Welcome everybody!

Post by adrianstephens »

Greetings from Cambridge UK.
English speaker.
Active also on Librivox since September 2019. https://librivox.org/sections/readers/13577
Former software engineer. Mainly retired, but do some consultancy. Enjoy dramatic readings.
Newgatenovelist

Post by Newgatenovelist »

Hello Adrian, and happy new year!

You are most welcome here. I hope you will enjoy life on Legamus. There generally aren't that many dramatic readings here, but there is at least one group project in English open (I know because I'm the BC!) and there is quite a lot to choose from if you fancy recording a solo. DPLs are always welcome, too. Have a look around, and if you have any questions please do ask.
Erin
Wandel

Post by Wandel »

Hello, all. I'm anxious to start, but I'm still waiting for a moderator to approve my first post. How do I go about this?

Carola
Viktor

Post by Viktor »

Hello Carola, welcome to Legamus!

I found two posts and one forum thread that I just approved. If anything else is still missing, tell me.
HettyB

Post by HettyB »

Hi Victor,

My friend is going to record the Dutch book 'Zomerzotheid', and she needs a DPL. I would like to be the DPL for this book and maybe others to come. Could you make a login for me so that I can make changes in the Magic Window? My user name will be HettyB,
Much obliged!
Viktor

Post by Viktor »

Hello Hetty!

Sorry that it took me a little time to unlock your posting. I will send you the MW password right away.

Welcome to Legamus!
lorda

Post by lorda »

Hello everyone,

after a few years at LibriVox I have now registered here. I have found some books that I would like to read, but they are not US PD.
I come from Germany and therefore read mainly in German.

I look forward to a good cooperation.

Greetings from Germany. :)
Bernd
Don't dream it - be it. (Dr. Frank N. Furter)
afinevoice

Post by afinevoice »

Hi, my name's Adrian. I've read a few solo on Librivox and done some group readings as well. Someone mentioned you also exist so that's why I'm here. Great to be here. I'm just waiting for my 1st Legamus based project ("Homage to Catalonia") to be given the green light
Thanks,
Adrian
DariaAM

Post by DariaAM »

Hello!

Is anyone active here? I would like to read this book for Legamus and was wondering if it’s acceptable: https://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks16/1600071h.html
Daria
Viktor

Post by Viktor »

Hello Daria and welcome on Legamus!

W. E. Cule died in 1944, so way more than 70 years ago. If the e-book is without any other modifications, that should be fine!

Feel free to open a new post in the "New Projects Launch Pad".
DariaAM

Post by DariaAM »

Thank you for the warm welcome, Viktor! I'll hopefully start this project once my LibriVox solo has been completed. :D
Daria
Newgatenovelist

DariaAM wrote: Sun 3. Sep 2023, 07:56 Hello!

Is anyone active here? I would like to read this book for Legamus and was wondering if it’s acceptable: https://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks16/1600071h.html
Hello Daria! Yes, Legamus is definitely active, but there just aren't that many readers compared to LV. I hope you like it here. It's a lot of fun!
Erin
Newgatenovelist

afinevoice wrote: Wed 11. Jan 2023, 15:57 Hi, my name's Adrian. I've read a few solo on Librivox and done some group readings as well. Someone mentioned you also exist so that's why I'm here. Great to be here. I'm just waiting for my 1st Legamus based project ("Homage to Catalonia") to be given the green light
Hello Adrian,

I have absolutely no idea why my notifications weren't working properly, but I've just realised that I missed the chance to say hello in a timely fashion. A rather delayed hello! Your LV experience will come in very handy here. I can't speak for everyone, but for myself, more Orwell is *always* welcome. Have a lovely weekend!

Erin
Viktor

Post by Viktor »

Don't worry Erin, it wasn't your notifications, it was my approval that was most un-timely... I apologised by e-mail and in the New Project thread. At some point I must find some better anti-spam measures, because Google's recaptcha v2 is letting in way too many spambots.
Newgatenovelist

Hi Viktor,

I can only try to imagine what you have to deal with as an admin. The arms race to get better and better spambots must feel like a never-ending battle, so I would like to thank you for dealing with all of it.

Erin
afinevoice

Post by afinevoice »

Hi Erin, thanks for your welcome. I've started on my reading project now.
Thanks,
Adrian