How to download

FAQ, comments and suggestions
Tuberous Chairs

How to download

Post by Tuberous Chairs »

So far as I can work out, we can either play Legamus files on our computers or download a whole book as a zip file and then open it. Is there a way to download chapters/sections rather than a whole book so that they can be listened to on a MP3 player? The book I recorded is nearly 27 hours long which I think is rather long to download in one go.
"why,he used to say to his friends,he used
"for getting a debutante give me Prused""

ee cummings
SweetPea

Re: How to download

Post by SweetPea »

Click "download all sections", which will take you to the download page: http://listen.legamus.eu/proust_buddinggrove/
Then you can either download the zip or each individual file :)
Rachel

How far that little candle throws his beams! So shines a good deed in a naughty world. - Portia, The Merchant of Venice
Tuberous Chairs

Post by Tuberous Chairs »

When I click on download from that page it plays the section but I don't think it downloads. Maybe I'm just being stupid but I can't find a new file on my computer that I can move to my MP3 player.
"why,he used to say to his friends,he used
"for getting a debutante give me Prused""

ee cummings
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Sorry, I hadn't tried it.
Right click on the download links and select "save link as" or something like that, depending on your browser. I did try that and it works :)
Rachel

How far that little candle throws his beams! So shines a good deed in a naughty world. - Portia, The Merchant of Venice
Viktor

Post by Viktor »

I did some tricks to make sure that when you click on a "[download]" link, at the right of each line, your browser will start the download and will not start playing it or opening it directly with an application on your computer. The idea was that you do not have to right-click and choose explicitly "save link target as".

If this does not work for you, please tell me what browser you use. I might be able to include some more tricks.
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

It doesn't work for me - I use Firefox.
Rachel

Viktor

Post by Viktor »

Hm, me too! We very likely just have different configurations.

I applied the more advanced tricks I announced. Could you restart your Firefox and try again?
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Works for me now :)
Rachel