Hello from Catalonia

Suggest and discuss books to read (all languages welcome!)
Isabelroca

Hello from Catalonia

Post by Isabelroca »

Hello,
I'm Isabel, I'm 58 years old, I'm from Catalonia. I'd like to upload a catalan book.
The book is PILAR PRIM by Narcís Oller, https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilar_Prim
I would like to know the path or the instruccions to upload it, I've already finshed it.
Thank you ¡¡¡

Isabel Roca
Viktor

Re: Hello from Catalonia

Post by Viktor »

Hello Isabel,

welcome to Legamus and congratulations to your already finished recording!

I will open a thread in the "New Projects Launch Pad" soon, you will get upload instructions. Do you have split the recording already into sections or chapters? Each section will need a little intro and an ending.

Do you know a Catalan speaker who could be your proof-reader? We are a small community, I don't know if someone here speaks Catalan. Proof-reading does not need to be word-perfect, with the text in hand, it is more about obvious mistakes that one would hear.
Isabelroca

Post by Isabelroca »

Hello,

Thank you for your explanations¡¡¡

I've recorded the book into chapters, now I only have to take the time to do the begining description and the end of each chapter.

First I wanted to upload in Librivox, and they told me about you, I know there are some specific instructions.

I like LEGAMUS, the quality of the readings, the quality of the descriptions, the way do yo work, so, may be it could be a window for catalan readings. There's a campaing here " Donants de Veu ", to read catalan books, they asked for volunteers to read books in catalan.

II 'll look forward for a Proof-reader, I'll tell you as soon as possible.

Isabel Roca
Isabelroca

Post by Isabelroca »

Hello again ¡¡¡

I've found a proof-reader¡¡¡

My sister would do it, she is a catalan teacher and speaks other languages too.

I'd like you to tell me what she has to do to become my proof-reader.

Thank you ¡¡¡

Isabel Roca
Viktor

Post by Viktor »

Hello,

the thread for your book reading is now here: https://legamus.eu/forum/viewtopic.php? ... 463#p62463

I will send you the password for the "Magic Window", where you can enter information for each section (= each MP3 file), and for the uploader, in a "Private Message" on this forum.

Your sister is welcome to register on the forum and write one first post (which won't be visible immediately). A little "hello" is enough. As there are many spambot registrations, it helps if you tell me the username she registered with, then I can activate her forum account.

We work very similarly to LibriVox, we share the same philosophy and have the same approach. We are no competition. And we are much, much, much smaller. It's just about different laws concerning "Public Domain" - the US one, and the one in Europe and many other "life + 70 years" countries. If a book project is OK for LibriVox, we advise to do it there. Legamus is only for projects that are not (or "might not") be Public Domain in the US. Actually, we encourage you to record another intro with "LibriVox" in it, because US copyright is likely to evolve and will at some point allow current Legamus recordings to move over to LibriVox.