First book ready-now what?

FAQ, comments and suggestions
Hokuspokus

Re: First book ready-now what?

Post by Hokuspokus »

Ah, the Link Resolver. I knew that I forgot something! :oops:

1 terabyte sounds very good! That would be great!
OK, so storage space is really not the problem. With ge.tt we can put all files in one folder and the listener can choose zip or single files. I wonder if that would be possible with our own server, too? Else we need to add every single file link by hand to the file list on the catalog page.
It's great that on ge.tt you can listen directly in the browser. Any chance to implement that somehow? I'm just thinking aloud.
Viktor

Post by Viktor »

With our own server anything is possible. :mrgreen: It's just that, for the moment, it would be a bit over-dimensioned. Once we gain some momentum, it will be there, in one way or the other!

Allow me to quote myself ;)
If I had my own download server, I'd put the individual files there, so people can listen directly through the web site, and then a link "download all as ZIP archive". If people click there, the server creates on-the-fly a ZIP archive from the individual files. Upload once, pay storage space for one set of files, and get your ZIP for free :)
For "The Prophet" I created two URLs on ge.tt, one for the two MP3 files together, and a separate one for the ZIP. That way, we can give two different links.
Hokuspokus

Post by Hokuspokus »

I read everything, really, but sometimes it just doesn't stick to the mind ...

On the fly zip is a great idea!
Viktor

Catalog blog

Post by Viktor »

Now that I have a closer look at the first work in the catalogue, shouldn't we add systematically to each post our disclaimer "This text is in the public domain and this recording is under the CC0 license in many European and other countries that follow the life+70 principle. Please verify the copyright laws of your country before downloading." or whatever was agreed upon?

I understand that for a Polish work this is not very important, but still... :)

And then, tell me when you feel that legamus.eu/blog is ready so I can point http://legamus.eu directly there!
Hokuspokus

Post by Hokuspokus »

Good thinking. How about:

The text of this recording is in the Public Domain in Europe and all countries where copyright expires 70 years after the author's death. Please verify the copyright status of this text in your own country before downloading, otherwise you may be violating copyright laws.
The recording is released under the Creative Commons license CC0.

Could someone please check for mistakes before I put it on the page?
neckertb

Post by neckertb »

It looks fine to me HP :)
Nadine
Hokuspokus

Post by Hokuspokus »

The copyright warning is added to the page. I tried to make it a little bis smaller than the rest of the writing, but the usual font tags don't work. Probably because these tags have no definition in the style sheet.
We could make it a picture, of course.
Comments welcome: http://legamus.eu/blog/?p=48

But this is only cosmetics. I thing the blog can be linked.