~solo [ENGLISH] Sanditon by Jane Austen - hok

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
adonis

~solo [ENGLISH] Sanditon by Jane Austen - hok

Post by adonis »

sanditon by jane austen (1775-1817)
Unfinished novel by Jane Austen, the lightest, brightest most sparkling thing she ever did. Though under the shadow of death herself, her Sanditon s packed with mercilessly hilarious observations on persons obsessed with their health (and wealth). It also boasts (and I mean, boasts) a (would be) villain who would kidnap his loved object away to Timbuctoo if only he could afford it. Unless you're dead already, irresistible....
(Summary by Tony Addison)
Text source: http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks/fr008641.html (please only read from this text!)

Prooflistener:____

Magic Window

Intro, Outro and Disclaimer for CC0:
At the beginning of each file please say:
[Section number] of sanditon by jane austen. This Legamus recording may be distributed and adapted freely for any purpose.
(if you wish: Read by Tony Addison**)
[Chapter title]

At the end of each section please say:
End of [Section number]
(if you wish: Read by Tony Addison**)
At the end of the project please say additionally:
"End of sanditon by jane austen. For more information or to volunteer, please visit Legamus.eu"

**Please add your name at the beginning or the end, not in both places.

About recording:
Set your recording software to:
Channels: 1 (Mono)
Bit Rate: 128 kbps
Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz

Please leave 5 seconds silence at the end of your recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes!

Save files as:
128 kbps MP3
sanditon_##_austen.mp3
(all lower-case) where ## is your section number.
(shorten the first part of the filename if too long!)

Add the following tags to your .mp3 file (how you do this depends on which software you use - if you are unsure about ID3 tags, please ask). Please mind upper and lower case!

Title: ## - [Section title]
Artist: Jane Austen
Album: Sanditon
Genre: Speech
Track Number: Section Number (if sections are numbered from 1, section +1, if sections are numbered from 0)

How to upload your file:
Use http://upload.legamus.eu/ (MC/BC will provide login-info for you).
When your file is uploaded, you will get a link. Please post the link here.

And now?
Please check for new posts in this thread until your section has been prooflistened.

Happy recording :)

------------for your MC -----------------------------------
Wiki author: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jane_Austen
Wiki translator:
Wiki book: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanditon
published: 1925 / [language: English]
category: satirical romance / Tags: English literature
username: Tony Addison / no homepage
Section: 12 / preface: 0 / License: CC0
temporary headlines

---------------------------------------------------------
Hokuspokus

Re: solo [ENGLISH] sanditon by jane austen

Post by Hokuspokus »

Hello Adonis and welcome to Legamus!

Unfortunately you only copied the very last part of the template into your post. Could you please do the procedure again and copy all of it into your post?

My plate is full at the moment, I can't MC this for you, but someone else will be here soon and set this up for you.
Hokuspokus

Re: ~solo [ENGLISH] Sanditon by Jane Austen - hok

Post by Hokuspokus »

Hello Tony,

seems like all other Admins are bussy, too. I'll set this up for you. At the moment there is a technical problem and our Magic Windows are down. I try again later to create one for your project.

I PMed you the password for our uploader.
Hokuspokus

Post by Hokuspokus »

Hello Tony,

Could you please tell me if you are still interested in this? If you are no longer interested or if I don't hear back from you, in the next 3 days, I put this away to keep the launch pad tidy.
jburlinson

Post by jburlinson »

Hi. I'm a new member and would be glad to be the DPL for this project.

Thanks.

John Burlinson
Hokuspokus

Post by Hokuspokus »

Welcome John :D

We haven't heard from the reader. Maybe just because there was no dpl? I let this stay here some days longer so Tony can see you post.
adonis

Post by adonis »

Yes, I'd be glad to accept John Burlinson as DPL. I haven't gone through the process before here on Legamus but I've done a good deal on Librivox so I trust the process of reading, uploading and correcting will be roughly similar. Glad to get ahead. And thank you John. Looking forward to working with you.

Tony Addison.
adonis

Post by adonis »

I tried to use the uploader using the password I was sent on the 11th Dec 2015 and it hasn't worked. I have chapters to send but no longer know how to proceed. Help please.

Tony Addison.
Hokuspokus

Post by Hokuspokus »

Answered in a PM.

We move to Readers Found.
jburlinson

Post by jburlinson »

Do I need to be authorized to access the magic window for this book as the DPL?

Thanks for any guidance.

John Burlinson
adonis

Post by adonis »

First chapter, I trust. I hope you enjoy it. I did. Information says to post here so I am posting here.

http://upload.legamus.eu/simple/files/A ... austen.mp3

There is a password to enter into the MW John which (trusting it works) I will pm you from this site. I've been in the MW so the word works and posted information such as length of this text but it doesn't seem to take a copied link of the text from me so at present (please inform otherwise) I'm supposing it is your task to post the link in the MW when proofheard. Once this is done once it will be plain sailing of course. Thank you for doing this. I recorded eight chapters in rough yesterday (feeling well) so have a pile of editing to do. Will release by degrees over days to come.

O, I seem to have got the audiolink into the MW after all. Haven't been able to fix the status is all; Ready for PL. But that's a minor matter.

Sincerely,
Tony.
Hokuspokus

Post by Hokuspokus »

In the MW you can open a column by the pencil button at the top or a line by the button at the right side. When you enter a new chapter, it's easiest to open the line and enter all information. To change the status, select the right status in the dropdown.

I had a look at your file, Tony. Could you please add the ID tags to your next files? We have no automated way to do that at cataloging time. You can do that in Audacity when you export the file to mp3. When you save the settings (save button in the small window that pops up when it asks you for the tags) you can open this pre-set tags for every new file and only need the change the numbers in Title and Track Number.
Title: Chapter #
Artist: Jane Austen
Album: Sanditon
Genre: Speech
Track Number: Section Number (if sections are numbered from 1, section +1, if sections are numbered from 0)
adonis

Post by adonis »

There's some detail I'm not getting here. I keep selecting status for Chapter One as Need PL but it keeps going back to assigned. Also, the statement against the link is read rather than listen; I uploaded Chapter Two to check and that has apparently gone into the MW just fine. So I don't know whether that matters much; you can still hear Chapter One by clicking on Read. Also, I removed my first upload of Chapter One and replaced it with another with the ID tag changes made that you suggested. If there's anything else I can do at this end. please let me know.

Tony Addison.
adonis

Post by adonis »

Finally got the MW to work for Chapter One. So all seems plain sailing from now on. Thank you for your time.

Tony Addison.
Hokuspokus

Post by Hokuspokus »

Glad, that it all works now. There where similar problems in another project so I guess it was a hiccup on the server.