Missing file in zip

Availle

Missing file in zip

Post by Availle »

Not sure if this is a bug or if it is, whether it belongs in this forum. Please move at your discretion.

I have downloaded "Fraeulein Else" as a zip file from gett here:
http://ge.tt/52a6tZQ?c

While the zip does contain all 7 files, the 3rd section is there with 0 bytes. I don't know if the zip is made on the fly or if anybody can do anything about this, but I thought I'd mention it. I have since downloaded the third section "manually".

Thanks!
Hokuspokus

Re: Missing file in zip

Post by Hokuspokus »

Thanks for mentioning it, Ava. The zip file is made on the fly by ge.tt. Nothing we can do about it.
Availle

Post by Availle »

That's what I suspected. I thought I'd mention it anyway.

Thanks for getting back to me, Hokus.
Viktor

Post by Viktor »

If it's of any consolation, it seems to have been a temporary problem: my download is OK.

All content on ge.tt is also available on our own server, but for older works I left the links to ge.tt. As bandwidth is not an issue yet, I can change the links to point to our own server. That said, the on-the-fly ZIP download is a bit flaky there, too. But this time it's my code, so there is hope it might be improved one day...
Availle

Post by Availle »

I have noticed that downloads seem to point to different places on the web ;)

Don't bother changing anything. As this is a temporary glitch that can reoccur as opposed to something permanent, it's fine. As I said, I just downloaded the missing section separately, no harm done.