Group - D H Lawrence - short stories-neb/vik

Solo or group efforts that are fully available for listeners
scout

Re: Group - D H Lawrence - short stories-neb/vik

Post by scout »

Hi folks!

I am very surprised, this is a very good audiobook -- despite the group project status. I am particularly pleased with the consistency of the technical quality. :) Almost full marks to everyone involved, plus a little extra to the project leader, of course. ;)

But -- yes, there is always a 'but' -- file #11, Rawdon’s Roof, has a substantial part missing at the beginning. :oops: It would be nice if someone were to investigate and fix this ASAP.

TIA
Daniel
The quality of an audiobook of fiction may be defined by its technical quality, the author's storytelling abilities, and the narrator's ability to capture the mood of the text. — scout
algy pug

Post by algy pug »

Thanks for letting me know about this, Daniel.

I have reuploaded the complete story via an Australian file server - I tried using GE.TT but it was so slow that I would have probably been in my grave before the upload had finished.

Here is the link:
http://www.bigfilesender.com.au/7kr530ckaqbl.html

Unfortunately, Big File Sender only retains files for 28 days. Viktor, could you please upload this file to the catalogue?

Cheers

Algy
scout

Post by scout »

Thanks, mate.
algy pug wrote:... I tried using GE.TT but it was so slow that I would have probably been in my grave before the upload had finished.
Nah, mate, you're not that old! ;) :lol:

Daniel
The quality of an audiobook of fiction may be defined by its technical quality, the author's storytelling abilities, and the narrator's ability to capture the mood of the text. — scout
Viktor

Post by Viktor »

Hi Algy, I'm already uploading my saved copy - which looks OK - to the ge.tt collection.

Thanks for spotting this, Scout!
scout

Post by scout »

1. I have created a fine epub version of this book, please let me know if you would like to make this available via the project. 8-)

2. M4B Audiobook of Collected Short Stories by D. H. Lawrence. 8-)

Daniel
algy pug

Post by algy pug »

scout wrote:1. I have created a fine epub version of this book, please let me know if you would like to make this available via the project. 8-)

2. M4B Audiobook of Collected Short Stories by D. H. Lawrence. 8-)

Daniel
Thanks Daniel

If Viktor is happy with attaching the ePub text to the project, so am I. I think it' s an excellent idea as the stories were not principally published as a collection by the author.

Cheers

Algy
scout

Post by scout »

If Victor agrees he may download this file:

Collected Short Stories (epub).zip

Besides the epub the zip file contains a jpg image of an unofficial book cover. Use or discard as you may see fit.

I'll be removing this zip file from its current location in a few days, Victor. ;)

FWIW, I have good experiences using Calibre for e-book management.

Cheers,
Daniel
Viktor

Post by Viktor »

Hello,

I'll gladly put up a link to the EPUB and the cover into the catalogue.
Scout, do you want me to host the EPUB and cover files, or do you want to?
I'll take it that the EPUB is as much "public domain" as the original text, e.g. you don't claim any additional license restrictions for "formatting"? What about the cover picture?

I can also put up a link to the M4B. Speaking of that, I wonder whether I'm missing something? On your site I don't see any download link...
scout

Post by scout »

Hi Victor!

Please download and host the epub and cover. Consider both files PD.

A link to the M4B audiobook would be wonderful. You may choose to link to the announcement post or to the database entry page, or both. Blog readers must scroll down to the required database entry (and link). (I'll do better later.) I prefer that you do not host a direct link to the M4B audiobook file.

Cheers,
Daniel
Viktor

Post by Viktor »

Done.