Discussion of set-up/future legamus.eu

FAQ, comments and suggestions
neckertb

Re: Discussion of set-up/future legamus.eu

Post by neckertb »

I realised actually that Leni and HP have my personal contact info already, so I guess we could all just send a pm to Vitkor and kattekliek and introduce ourselves (with contact info)?
I've also asked ezwa to come have a look.
Nadine
Viktor

Post by Viktor »

neckertb wrote:Fine by me without wiki, I just wanted to ask what the plan was :)
My plan is to listen to any suggestion of yours that you think might improve the situation and think about how to make it work and integrate with the rest ;)
kattekliek

Post by kattekliek »

neckertb wrote:Fine by me without wiki
I agree on that.
kattekliek

Post by kattekliek »

As some of you (Leni at least :)) may have read at LV, I'm very busy for the coming month, and away on holiday the first half of July. My husband and I will move to a different city before the end of June (very sudden decision), that's why I cannot add so much more to the work of setting up this site now. But I'll be back in July to assist.

In the coming weeks I'll check in occasionally and give my few € cents. Some of them now about the subtitle of legamus.eu: "Let's read together" does explain the domain name, but to me it sounds more like a reading club than a volunteer project on making audiobooks ... Perhaps something like: "Let's read! Releasing public domain books as free audio." would be better?
Hokuspokus

Post by Hokuspokus »

Good luck with the move and wonderful holidays.
dii

Post by dii »

Leni wrote: If dii decides she would like to help over here, she could deal with Italian...
Hey, that's me! :mrgreen: I would be glad to help with Italian projects and I'm already planning to record some Hungarian stuff too that I can't on LV...
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Hi all,

Nadine just sent me here. At iambik, we've been using Google docs and spreadsheet quite a bit, also to do the 'Magic Windows' - seems to work quite well at least as a temporary solution. Accessibility might be an issue, though.
Hokuspokus

Post by Hokuspokus »

Hi Gesine and welcome! :)
Sorry that it took so long to make your post visible.
neckertb

Post by neckertb »

Jeez, and I've been checking the forum every now and then and booted a spammer, but did not see your post... Sorry, Gesine, glad you joined, I'm sure your experience will be useful :)
Nadine
Viktor

Post by Viktor »

I'm working on separating the former German project to a different site.
Would this be an appropriate Legamus front page for the next days? As soon as the Wordpress blog is "ready", I set a link; and some time later, we can directly link to the Wordpress blog.
Hokuspokus

Post by Hokuspokus »

Reads good, but may I suggest less bright colours? 8-)
Like LightGoldenrod1 255;236;139 FFEC8B for the yellow and
DarkSlateGray4 82;139;139 528B8B or
DarkSlateGrey 47;79;79 2F4F4F for the blue?

The front page of the blog only needs a good headline and one finished recording.
Viktor

Post by Viktor »

Finally, someone who knows something about colours :D In my amateurish guesswork, I do tend to prefer "strong colours"...

As you may have noticed, the forums and the web sites of legamus.eu and hoerbuecher.tuxfamily.org are now fully separated, though there are some redirections in place. I even separated the forum userbases, hopefully without deleting too much.
neckertb

Post by neckertb »

Viktor wrote:I'm working on separating the former German project to a different site.
Would this be an appropriate Legamus front page for the next days? As soon as the Wordpress blog is "ready", I set a link; and some time later, we can directly link to the Wordpress blog.
The link is broken?
Nadine
Viktor

Post by Viktor »

neckertb wrote:The link is broken?
True, it's now the main site: http://legamus.eu
neckertb

Post by neckertb »

Nice :)
We could have used the EU colors and Beethoven's 9th as a background :wink: (Sorry, being pro-EU in an anti-EU country can be exhausting, I am not forgetting our Australian and Brazilian friends :D)
Nadine
Viktor

Post by Viktor »

I thought about using flags, but it's easy not to include someone! Anyway, after a couple of weeks the site just becomes an invisible redirection to the Wordpress blog, and once we have a catalogue we put it there.