Forum software update

FAQ, comments and suggestions
Viktor

Forum software update

Post by Viktor »

Hello everybody,

there are updates for both phpBB and the "theme" we use ("Absolution"). Nothing security-critical this time, but the designer did modify the theme a little bit. I did take some time to adapt it, as the standard version usually requires at least a 1024px wide browser window, otherwise it would show scroll bars. I found that too much, and brought it down to a 800px wide browser window still without scroll bars. This is how it looks like:
http://www.steckenpferde.de/tmp/phpbb_u ... 012-10.png

For those who really can't get along with it, the phpBB standard theme "prosilver" is also available. If someone insists on forking the older version, go on - but I do not have the resources for that, I prefer keeping up with the supported upstream version and only patch what is really needed (OpenID, language switcher, smaller width...)

I'll update the forum probably tomorrow (Sunday 20th October) late evening. It will be unavailable for a couple of minutes, hopefully not more than half an hour.
Cori

Re: Forum software update

Post by Cori »

That all looks fine to me, Viktor -- good luck!
"The oldest books are still only just out to those who have not read them." — Samuel Butler
Viktor

Post by Viktor »

Done! Tell me if you encounter any problems.

If it looks horribly messed up, purge your browser cache. That said, if it looks horribly messed up, you probably won't read this :P
Hokuspokus

Post by Hokuspokus »

Looks really good!

Only one tiny thing. Can we have a link from here to the catalog? Doesn't need to be a picture, just a link somewhere at the top of the forum. That would be great.
Viktor

Post by Viktor »

The logo used to be that link. I'll put that back into place soon!

Edit: Done. OK like that?
Hokuspokus

Post by Hokuspokus »

Excellent! Thank you!
Cori

Post by Cori »

Oooh, gosh, that's quite a bit different. Ah well, I'll get used to it. Found my way back here, anyway. And everything seems to work okay for me. :D
"The oldest books are still only just out to those who have not read them." — Samuel Butler
rapunzelina

Post by rapunzelina »

I hadn't visited for some days and ...what a surprise! :D Cool!
I thought I had mistyped the address, wasn't sure I was in the correct place :lol:
Viktor

Post by Viktor »

There were minor updates for both the forum and the blog, which I just installed. If you see anything weird, please tell us.
Viktor

Post by Viktor »

Double maintenance happened tonight: Our downloader (listen.legamus.eu) as well as our uploader (upload.legamus.eu) changed server hardware, and the Wordpress catalogue needed a critical update, too. Both procedures created some small issues that I corrected. If anything does not work as expected, tell me!