Legamus uploader

FAQ, comments and suggestions
Viktor

Legamus uploader

Post by Viktor »

We now have a first version of our own uploader:
http://upload.legamus.eu/simple

If you're happy with ge.tt, just continue to use that. This is just for those of you who would like an alternative. For username and password, send me an e-mail or a PM. And if anything does not work for you, please tell me!
rapunzelina

Re: Legamus uploader

Post by rapunzelina »

Image Image Image

How much traffic (MB/GB) can it hold? Does it need to be paid for, or can it be used without stress about that? :D
Viktor

Post by Viktor »

Disk space is "enough" :D

The monthly fee covers "unlimited" traffic. In practice, I expect to see "slow" access if it becomes "too much". We will see what "slow" and "too much" exactly means, current Legamus usage should not be any problem. Anyway, it won't cost more!
CarolB

Post by CarolB »

Viktor wrote:We now have a first version of our own uploader:http://upload.legamus.eu/simple
Thank you Victor, this sounds like a great idea.

Just a small, unrelated query ... I am subscribed to the DH Lawrence topic, but haven't been receiving notification for a while. Is there a reason for this, or is my computer just being obstinate?

Carol
Viktor

Post by Viktor »

You're not the first one telling me this, there might be a problem. But for me, it works very well, so it's difficult for me to debug it :?

New posts on topics you're subscribed to - you can double-check in your "User control panel", "Manage subscriptions" - should trigger an e-mail to you. Maybe they got deleted in some spamfilter... who is your e-mail provider? I could try getting an address there as well and see what happens.

If you like to use newsfeeds (in mail clients or browsers like Thunderbird and Firefox, with an online tool such as Google Reader, or in a dedicated program like RSSowl) there is an alternative way of getting notified: For each forum and each topic there is a feed. Your browser might tell you the exact address (Firefox shows a red icon on the right of the address bar, for example). For the DH Lawrence thread that's
http://legamus.eu/forum/feed.php?f=12&t=178
CarolB

Post by CarolB »

I use hotmail, but ZoneAlarm and AVG are quite bossy spam filters and always have reported Legamus as 'suspicious'! :roll:

It isn't a big deal as I do have a wander round here very day.

Thanks Viktor :)

Carol
Viktor

Post by Viktor »

I might have found a technical explanation for this and asked our hoster which solution he prefers.
http://forum.tuxfamily.org/viewtopic.php?id=580

I'll tell you when it's done.
CarolB

Post by CarolB »

Thanks again Viktor ...
...and thank you Google Translate! ;)

Carol
Viktor

Post by Viktor »

Did Google Translate produce anything useful? I'd thought one would need an IT -> common language translator more than FR -> EN :)

The anti-spam mechanism "SPF" is complicated in its details, but easy to describe: Domain owners (e.g. for "legamus.eu") say which mail servers are "allowed" to send mail for that domain. Not all mail servers check that. I suppose my mail server does not check it, therefore I get all mails correctly. Your Hotmail server probably does check it and is not happy with the results, classifies it as spam or maybe even deletes it directly.
CarolB

Post by CarolB »

Yes, I copied and pasted your letter in French and it translated all of it to English (and Spanish, which button I pressed by mistake!) ;)

Carol