An error report (unzipping Legamus file on Mac)

Piotrek

An error report (unzipping Legamus file on Mac)

Post by Piotrek »

We don't have an LV-like error-reporting section, so I'm posting this here in hopes someone will be able to offer help or advice.

A Librivoxer tried to unzip the file http://legamus.eu/blog/?p=251 on his Mac and received a message "Unable to unachive. Error 1: Operation not permitted". He says he's never had any such problems with LV zips.

Any idea what I can tell him?
Viktor

Re: An error report (unzipping Legamus file on Mac)

Post by Viktor »

Sorry I didn't get around to answer your PM, Piotr.
We don't have an LV-like error-reporting section
We do: Bug Reports ;)

That file is still on ge.tt, they create the ZIP on-the-fly. Sometimes there can be an error in the process. All new files are on our server. However, its on-the-fly zipping is not flawless, neither... soon I hope to re-write that zipping code (which is not that big an undertaking), then all files can be hosted on our server.

Short answer to the user: let him try again. If it still fails, I'd like to know the file size of what he downloaded.
Piotrek

Post by Piotrek »

Viktor wrote:Sorry I didn't get around to answer your PM, Piotr.
We don't have an LV-like error-reporting section
We do: Bug Reports ;)
Now, that I click the link I remember seeing that forum section. It's just that I only visited it once or twice before.
Short answer to the user: let him try again. If it still fails, I'd like to know the file size of what he downloaded.

You mean you want to know if anything gets downloaded at all, and if so, how much?
Viktor

Post by Viktor »

Oh dear, ge.tt's zipper seems to have more than occasional hiccups. I just tried to download the ZIP file, and from the about 486 MB only 85,3 arrived at my place.

I already did create pages on listen.legamus.eu for all of our projects. I will move the links in the upcoming days, so that only our download server gets used.

Edit: Done for "Brązownicy".

Edit: Done for all. No audiobook links should go to ge.tt any longer.
Piotrek

Post by Piotrek »

Thanks for that. :) I notified the reader.
Could you also fix the small ID3 tag problem (author's name in one of the sections) that I mentioned in the PM?