COMPLETE Multilingual Short Work Collection - vik

Solo or group efforts that are fully available for listeners
Viktor

Re: Multilingual Short Work Collection - vik

Post by Viktor »

Hi Piotr! I fully agree with Hokuspokus. With more than 45 minutes, feel free to post it as a solo.

In exchange, if you want, we could pull your very first recording, "Widziadła" into this collection as it "only" has 14 minutes. (Of course, we'll still leave it on the blog where it is.)

As for tags, we'll see how to "clean up" the blog a bit. I'd suggest we separate between languages (=categories) and other keywords (=tags). Anyway, in the long run I hope we'll replace that WordPress with a proper catalog. But before that, there are metadata tools waiting to be written...
Piotrek

Post by Piotrek »

That's OK. I have 2 candidates for the collection, anyway. :)
As to "Widziadła", I don't really care one way or the other, although having the same reading mentioned twice in the catalogue would be strange. What I would like to see is a system whereby a listener can locate a single story in a collection either by clicking on a keyword in a tagcloud or by some other system. Otherwise these stories will remain invisible. Nowadays, with less than 20 works in the Catalogue it's not really a problem, because not much browsing is required to find any item, but I hope (as you probably do too ;) ) that our catalogue will grow.
Also, will this collection be catalogued after 10 sections or 20? I saw 20 slots in the Google Window, but if it keeps going at the present rate, we'll wait for a long time ;)
Hokuspokus

Post by Hokuspokus »

I've posted some ideas, suggestion and questions about that here:
http://legamus.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=704
Open for discussion ...
Hokuspokus

Post by Hokuspokus »

Nothing new here for more than 1 year :shock:

Well, I think it's time to bring it into the catalog. I will PL the last files, create a new MW in the next days. maybe someone has something in mind? Post it until Sunday 1 July, please.

In the meantime here is a nice short something by Kurt Tucholsky
Die ausgezogene Frau
http://upload.legamus.eu/simple/files/T ... au_hok.mp3
4:30
http://www.zeno.org/Literatur/M/Tuchols ... ogene+Frau

It is a bit unanständig, but then again ... ;)
Could someone please PL this?

General question: Do we want, need, deserve a Multilingual Short Work Collection 2?
Piotrek

Post by Piotrek »

Cataloguing the collection is a good idea, certainly a better one than letting it sit here endlessly. :)

As for the question whether it makes sense to start next volume, I can't really say much. Until recently I was basing my Polish text searches on just one site where I was unable to find much that could fit here but not on LV. Now I have access to a bigger (?) site so I may perhaps find a few things, but I focus on longer texts at the moment. Anyway, volume 2, if you decide to launch it, is likely to proceed slowly too.

EDIT: I've just noticed your call for non-English text sources in the first post. For Polish you could use http://www.polona.pl and http://www.wolnelektury.pl (note, though, that many of the texts on the latter site are based on editions from 1970s or 1980s).
Hokuspokus

Post by Hokuspokus »

Thank you Piotr. I've added the Polish sources. Later editions are are no problem in per se. We only need to be careful with prefaces, footnotes and such. I'm more worried that they don't list the translator. At least I couldn't see one for Dauthendey.
crowwings

Post by crowwings »

Hab mal PLed.
Oh ha, bei dem Text formulierst du aber praktisch jeden Satz um, Hok.
Ist nicht schlimm, aber am Anfang 0.16: "legitime Neigung zur Por" machst du: "Neugier zur"
Dann machst du eine lange Atempause, dramaturgisch? Ich sag es nur, weil es mir etwas störend auffiel.
Der Rest ist halt freie Interpretation .... ;)

Your decision, if you want to correct that.
Ramona
"They are all dead, they just don't know it yet."
- Eric Draven

Crowwing's word counting tool
Hokuspokus

Post by Hokuspokus »

Meine Güte - so schlimm?

Dann mache ich es besser nochmal. Danke für Deine Mühe.
Hokuspokus

Post by Hokuspokus »

crowwings

Post by crowwings »

Pl okay
:D
"They are all dead, they just don't know it yet."
- Eric Draven

Crowwing's word counting tool
Piotrek

Post by Piotrek »

Hokuspokus wrote:I'm more worried that they don't list the translator. At least I couldn't see one for Dauthendey.
If you're referring to wolnelektury then the translator of Dauthendey's pieces (Stefan Napierski) is mentioned when you get to the text of the particular poem. The problem is that to get there you have to do some clicking, which is not so obvious especially if you're not familiar with Polish. And then of course you're on your own in the search of their death date to make sure they did die 70+ years ago.

Also, I forgot one thing, wolnelektury lists some texts that were made available under CC. example (see just under the cover).
Hokuspokus

Post by Hokuspokus »

Vielen Dank, Ramona :D

Thank you, Piotr.
I've added that information to the first post. (I guess collecting all this information means that there will be a collection number 2 ;-) )
Hokuspokus

Re: COMPLETE Multilingual Short Work Collection - vik

Post by Hokuspokus »

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://legamus.eu/blog/?p=525

Thank you all for contributing!