This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page:
DPL: ashleighjaneDavid Herbert Richards Lawrence (11 September 1885 – 2 March 1930) was an English novelist, poet, playwright, essayist, literary critic and painter. His collected works represent an extended reflection upon the dehumanising effects of modernity and industrialisation. In them, Lawrence confronts issues relating to emotional health and vitality, spontaneity, and instinct. (Summary by wikipedia)
This collection contains 14 of Lawrence's lesser known short works. (Note by Algy Pug)
Text source: http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks04/0400311h.html#s05 (please only read from this text!)
For the convenience of readers and proof liseners the following spreadsheet has been prepared: https://sheet.zoho.com/public/algy_pug/ ... -stories-2
How to claim a chapter?
Choose a chapter that has no reader assigned yet. Click on POST REPLY at the bottom of this page to answer to this topic.
List of chapters
A MODERN LOVER (1933)
1) Part 1 - Cori - http://ge.tt/4Lu2RBL - PL OK
2) Part 2 - Cori - http://ge.tt/4Lu2RBL - PL OK
3) HER TURN (1913) (13:24) - Algy Pug http://ge.tt/8F4RlW5?c - PL OK!
LOVE AMONG THE HAYSTACKS (1930)
4) Part 1 - eggs4ears - http://ge.tt/3PjL8SO/ - PL OK
5) Part 2 - eggs4ears - http://ge.tt/3PjL8SO/ - PL OK
6) Part 3 - eggs4ears - http://ge.tt/3PjL8SO/ - PL OK
MOTHER AND DAUGHTER (1929)
7) Part 1 - CarolB (26:34) http://ge.tt/3FR12ZJ/v/0?c - PL OK!
8) Part 2 - CarolB (39:28) http://www.ge.tt/#!/23bUmLI/v/0 - PL OK!
NEW EVE AND OLD ADAM (1934)
9) Part 1 - eggs4ears (24:39) http://ge.tt/97Dsk7N/v/0?c - Section 09 - PL OK
10) Part 2 - eggs4ears (35:21) http://ge.tt/27iFv7N/v/0?c - Section 10 - - PL OK
11) RAWDON'S ROOF (1928) - Algy Pug (25:27) http://ge.tt/39TYYiT/v/0 - PL OK
12) STRIKE-PAY (1913) - Martin Geeson (23:56) http://ge.tt/5DZygYO/v/0 - PL OK
[13) THE BLUE MOCCASINS (1928) - CarolB (48:29) http://ge.tt/11diyWJ/v/0 - PL OK
THE MORTAL COIL (1917)
14) Part 1 - Cleogirl (32:59) http://ge.tt/2NNNitT/v/0 - PL OK
15) Part 2 - Cleogirl (22:15) http://www.ge.tt/68PCqtT/v/0?c - PL OK
16) THE OLD ADAM (1934) - Darvinia (46:52) http://ge.tt/52h2UEV/v/0 - PL OK
17) THE OVERTONE (1933) - RuthieG (42:44) http://ge.tt/6vQxgZV/v/0?c - PL OK
THE PRINCESS (1925)
18) Part 1 - Cleogirl (35:34) http://ge.tt/2sVcwPU/v/0- PL OK
19) Part 2 - Cleogirl (30:32) http://ge.tt/8yTwzPU/v/0 - PL OK
[20) Part 3 - Cleogirl (34:08) http://ge.tt/8VhZ0LU/v/0 - PL OK
21) THE WITCH A LA MODE (1934) - Cleogirl (39:49) http://ge.tt/7HptgSU/v/0 - PL OK
22) THINGS (1928) - chigozie - http://ge.tt/3MMSTdT/v/0 - PL OK!
It would be preferred if the stories which have multiple sections could be read by the one reader.
(Book Coordinator, please fill in all chapters of the book and keep track of claims and recordings here.)
Please see the following spreadsheet for details:
https://sheet.zoho.com/public/algy_pug/ ... -stories-2
Completion date for this project will be 1 November 2011.
Set your recording software to:
Channels: 1 (Mono)
Bit Rate: 128 kbps
Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
Please leave 5 seconds silence at the end of your recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes!
Save files as:
128 kbps MP3
shortstories_##_lawrence.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is your section number.
Add the following tags to your .mp3 file (how you do this depends on which software you use – if you are unsure about ID3 tags, please ask). Please mind upper and lower case!
Title: ## - [Section title]
Artist: D. H. Lawrence
Album: Collected Short Stories
Track Number: Section Number (if sections are numbered from 1, section +1, if sections are numbered from 0)
How to upload your file:
Use http://ge.tt - you do not need to login, anonymous mode is sufficient.
Alternatively, please read this tutorial: http://legamus.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=148 (note for downloaders)
When your file is uploaded, you will get a link. Please post the link here.
Please check for new posts in this thread until your section has been prooflistened.
*** Beginning of list ***
Solo / Group project?: Group
Book Title: Collected Short Stories
Dates of birth and death of author: 1885 - 1930
Dates of birth and death of translator: N/a
Date of first publication:1934
Number of sections the project will have: (please note that the sections should be less than 70 minutes long) : 22
Does the project have a preface that will be recorded as a separate section? No
Category (Fiction, non-fiction, poetry, drama): Fiction
Tags that describe the book (like: place, time, historical people/events, mystery, fairy tale, horror/ghost story, philosophy, ... :
Summary for the catalog (from Wikipedia or written by you):
Online text source: http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks04/0400311h.html#s05
*** End of list ***